What else should I know about masah alal khuffayn?
- It is not permissible to make masah on a khuff which is torn to such an extent that an area equal to the size of three small toes is exposed. It is permissible to make masah on the sock if it is torn less than this.
- If the seam of the khuff comes loose, but while walking the foot is not exposed, masah on such khuffayn will be valid.
- If a muqeem who has made masah alal khuffayn goes on a journey before the expiry of 24 hours, then his masah may be extended to 72 hours. His masah will now be valid for 72 hours.
- If a musaafir who has made masah alal khuffayn returns to his home town then his masah will be valid for only 24 hours.
- If ghusl becomes compulsory then masah alal khuffayn will not be permissible even if the valid period has not yet expired. The khuffayn must be removed when the ghusl is taken and the feet washed.
- If after making masah one sets foot in a puddle of water and water enters the khuff wetting more than half the foot, then masah will be nullified. Both khuffayn must be removed and the feet washed.